Babcock University has commenced postgraduate admissions for the 2020/2021 academic session. Applications are invited from interested candidates who are suitably qualified for admission. Mode of admission and other relevant information are given below
Requirements for Babcock Postgraduate Admission
1. Post Graduate Diploma (PGD):
A person with qualification adjudged to be equivalent to a first degree may be admitted or A graduate from a recognize university.
2. Masters Degree
With a minimum of a second class lower (22) division, a Candidate with a first degree from a recognized University may be considered for Admission. A candidate with a good postgraduate diploma from a recognized University with a professional certification in addition to first degree or HND may also be admitted to a Master’s Degree programmes.
3. Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degree
A candidate with a good Masters Degree – not less than 60% average score from a recognized University or 4.00 CGPA on a 5 point scale (or its equivalent on a 4 point scale) may be admitted. A well-researched PhD proposal of not more than 10 pages in the chosen area of specialization should be enclosed with the application form.
METHODS OF APPLICATION
Application forms can be obtained online from the school website: www.babcock.edu.ng/postgraduate
1. Download and print the Application Form, fill it and scan the hardcopy and send the form to firstname.lastname@example.org and a non-refundable application fee of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000) only. Payment for the form will be made to BABCOCK UNIVERSITY – Zenith Bank Account 1011038916. Scan and send proof of payment with the form when sending to the secretary.
Please note that this initiative is put together temporarily because of the COVID-19 pandemic in the nation.
2. Completed Application forms should be accompanied with photocopies of:
a. Bachelor’s Degree/HND Certificate and official transcript
b. Master’s Degree Certificate and official transcript for candidates proposing to pursue Ph.D
c. NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate for Nigerian Candidates
d. Evidence of Change of Name(s) or Marriage Certificate where necessary
e. 2 recent passport-size photographs
3. Candidates should ensure that their academic transcripts are sent directly to the College of Postgraduate Studies from their former Universities (hand delivery not allowed). Each candidate should know fully well that no application is fully returned without the full transcripts of previous academic engagement. Completed application should be addressed and sent by courier services or the candidates can submit by hand to the school secretary.
The Screening Exercise as will be announced as it is going to be available for each of the modules.
1. REGULAR MODULE: This runs from September to April every year.
2.ELONGATED MODULE: This runs for 50 weeks (Sundays only), beginning July every year
Below is the list of newly approval programmes in the school
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Finance
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Law
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Nursing
Check for the list of programs available for the award of postgraduate diploma, Masters and Doctor of Philosophy degrees of Babcock university here