Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta Postgraduate school invites suitably qualified candidates for admission. Application is open to candidates who are seeking to further their studies into any of the following programs;
- Postgraduate Diplomas
- Masters degree programs and
- Doctor of Philosophy Degree Programmes at the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria.
School of Postgraduate Federal University of Abeokuta is aimed that imparting specialized Knowledge and skills into student for attainment of high level of expertise in different fields including Agriculture, Engineering, Forestry and Basic Sciences.
Post graduates programs are available in the following colleges/faculties;
- COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURAL MANAGEMENT AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT (COLAMRUD)
- COLLEGE OF ANIMAL SCIENCE AND LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION (COLANIM)
- COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING (COLENG)
- COLLEGE OF ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCES MANAGEMENT (COLERM)
- To be eligible for admission to the Federal Univerisity of Agriculture, Abeokuta Postgraduate Diploma Programme, candidates must be HND or first degree holders in a relevant discipline from any recognized tertiary institution. generally, all respective applicants must satisfy basic UTME requirements for Bachelor’s degree(Bsc).
- Prospective Candidates for Master’s Degree Programme should be graduate of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta(Funaab) or any other University recognized by the school’s Senate and shall normally have obtained a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) degree in relevant field of study. However, applicants with a good Second Class Lower Degree (2.2) in relevant field may be considered.
- All Candidates for Masters of Information and Communication Technology (MICT) programme should possess HND plus a Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science or B.Sc Physical Sciences/Engineering or other Allied Disciplines. Prior computing or IT experience is beneficial but not essential.
- Candidates for admission into Masters and Ph.D. programmes in Communication Studies shall possess minimum University degrees in Arts, Science, Applied Science, Social Science and Education or other related courses.
- Minimum qualification for the MBA (AgriBusiness) and Professional Master in Communication Studies degree programmes, candidates must be holders of a good Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or HND (Upper Credit minimum) with a Postgraduate Diploma in any related field.
- Applicants with Postgraduate Diploma in Communication studies with a minimum cumulative average of 55% may be considered for Master’s Degree in Communication Studies. Also, candidate must possess relevant professional qualification his/her experience will be an advantage. Note that a credit pass in O’ Level Mathematics is not compulsory for admission into Professional Master in Communication Studies programme which is strictly part-time (Friday and Saturday) programme.
- Masters of Environment Management (MEM) is a three-semester professional programme designed for captains of industries who are degree holders or HND holders with distinction/credit pass plus PGD in relevant fields who have also satisfied all basic UTME requirements while Masters of Environment Management and Protection (MEMP) is an academic Master’s Degree that runs for a minimum of four (4) semesters.
- All M. Agric applicants in the Department of Agricultural Economics and Farm Management are expected to have B.agric(Agric Economics) with Second Class Upper. Graduates of other disciplines and Second Class Lower graduates of Agric. Economics will be admitted into the M.Sc. (Professional) programme with the prospect of converting to M.Agric programme on attaining a minimum weighted average score of 60% after the first year.
- While interested candidate are expected to posess at least five (5) Credit Passes, Credit Passes in Chemistry and Physics are not compulsory for postgraduate admission in Agric. Economics, although these are required for undergraduate admission. Such applicants, however, must possess a Credit pass in either Agric. Science or Biology as alternative subject.
- Admission into Master of Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc.) courses is open to graduates of Veterinary Medicine (COLVET) FUNAAB and from other University recognized by Senate as well as holders of any other qualification adjudged to be equivalent to a DVM by the Senate. However, such candidates must satisfy all the requirements specified for admission into Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta postgraduate school.
- M.Sc. courses in COLVET are open to graduates of Biological Sciences of FUNAAB and other institutions recognized by Senate. Fellows of the Nigerian Institute of Medical Laboratory Technology or its equivalent may also be considered. Such candidates must also satisfy any other requirements specified by the Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta Postgraduate School.
- Applicants are to note that the requirement for admission into any of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta Postgraduate Programmes in COLANIM is a B. Agric. (Third Class) in any discipline of Animal Science:
- Applicant for the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree programme must have obtained Master’s degree from the College of Veterinary Medicine of FUNAAB or other University recognized by Senate and other qualification adjudged to be equivalent to a Master’s degree by the Senate.
- The duration of study for the Master’s degree programme shall be a minimum of 4 semesters and maximum of 8 semesters for full time candidates; while part time studies shall be for a minimum of 6 semesters and maximum of 10 semesters. Part-time students must finish all course works within the first four semesters of their registration.
- To be considered for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy degree programme, candidates must have obtained a Master’s degree from FUNAAB or its equivalent from any other University recognized by Senate. Holders of one year Master’s Degree are expected to undergo a conversion examination after the first session before proceeding to a Ph.D. programme.
- Candidates applying for Masters and Ph.D. programmes shall be required to submit a research proposal along with their application forms, and may also be required to interact (in oral or written form) with their respective Departments before final admission.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants are to visit Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta postgraduate Application portal (pgs.unaab.edu.ng/ or pgschool.unaab.edu.ng) to commence the process of application. Application cost is Fifteen Thousand, Five Hundred and Sixty Naira (N15,560:00) kindly not that this cost is exclusive of bank charges.
While the portal for Postgraduate application will be open as from Monday, May 18, 2020, closing date for online submission of applications for Masters and PGD programmes is Monday, June 29, 2020. However, applications for Ph.D admission are always available all year round.
All successful applicants will be contacted via e-mail and/or text message on their phone.
Do well to share this post with your friends and loved ones as someone might be in need of it. You can do that by sharing on Facebook ,Twitter and other social media outlet with the share button .