Job updates>>Egbin Quality Control Engineer>>Company overview>>Requirements>>Skills and competencies>>Mode of Application
Job title: Quality Control Engineer
Location: Ijede, Ikorodu, Lagos State, Nigeria
Nature: Full Time
Company: Egbin Power Plc
Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
Responsible for the quality of delivered materials in compliance with Purchase Order requirement and in good condition.
Ensure material documentation are sufficient and traceable to the physical item as well as applicable specification.
Responsibilities of Egbin Quality Control Engineer
- Receiving of incoming materials and equipment documents in accordance with Purchase Order requirement.
- Inspect Materials and equipment on arrival at the site in terms of quantities and conformity with specifications and technical drawings (Visual and Dimensional Inspection).
- Checks received material for visible damages to the packing or goods.
- Together with Requesting Department and Engineering, determining the scope and extent of inspection/testing depending on the critical purpose and end use of equipment.
- Ensure that the material test certificates (MTC) for traceable materials are checked against the heat number, serial number, tag no., etc. marked on the material to confirm that (MTC) are available for all the materials received.
- Ensuring Material markings and traceability are performed in accordance with procedure / specification.
- Ensures segregation of Nonconforming Material, recording any losses or damage in a detailed report.
- Issuing of Nonconformance reports.
- Verify all Technical issues, Nonconformance are closed prior to the release of concerned items. Conduct Welders Qualification Tests, monitor welding process and inspect completed welds.
- Perform plant equipment and facility inspection as required.
- Ensure the storage and preservation of materials, are in accordance with the defined methods of classification, marking and traceability.
- Review and approve documentations for Materials and Equipment, identify any problems and keep the internal interfaces (Requesting Department and Stores) and QA/QC Manager informed of any deviation.
- Issuing material receiving reports to Stores and QA/QC department.
- Ensure the appropriate tools and documents to perform inspection duties are available.
- Participate in performance evaluation of suppliers.
- Prepare quality reports and statistics.
Education and Work Experience
- A degree in engineering or any related field
- A minimum of Seven (7) years experience in a similar role
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI/CSWIP 3.1), Certified ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditor will be an added advantage
Skills and Competencies
- Effective communicator and collaborator
- Analytical and risk-based thinker
- Ability to review material certificates and generate reports
- Wide range of administration skills including being organized and systematic
- Strong IT skills, particularly with data entry and working with databases
- Knowledge of a wide range of material and equipment for use by different technical disciplines and very versatile in material receiving inspection process.
- Knowledge of wide range of engineering materials and equipment.
- Certified and versatile in more than two NDT techniques.
Deadline: Not specified
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To apply click here: http://careers.sahara-group.com/apply/WJ3I3hh1U3/Quality-Control-Engineer