Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas, NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship 2020/2021 invites applications from suitably qualified first-year undergraduates in Nigerian Universities for its 2020 Under-Graduate Scholarship Award.
The Scheme seeks to promote academic excellence by supporting top-grade Nigeria students through tertiary institutions.
This was founded as a critical component of the education intervention programme for our host communities in 1998 and later opened up to the rest of Nigeria in 2003.
Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) is now accepting applications from first year undergraduates in Nigerian Universities for its 2020/2021 Undergraduate Scholarship Award.
The deadline for submission of applications for the NLNG undergraduate scholarship award is 6th November, 2020.
A total of 3,416 undergraduates from various universities in Nigeria have benefited from the scheme and N768.9m ($2.5130m) million has been invested in it. The introduction of online application and use of social media (Facebook) for information dissemination in 2012 made the selection process more efficient and cost-effective, and increased awareness of the Scheme. The scholarship award value is N150, 000 per annum for the course duration of each awardee. The scheme was reviewed from 150 beneficiaries a year to 300 starting from the 2018/2019 academic year.
NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship Eligibility
Any prospective beneficiary must:
Have excellent/very good West Africa School Certificate (WASC) or National Examination Council (NECO) result at ONE sitting i.e. a minimum of 5 credits including Mathematics and English.
Have a score of 200 and above at the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME)
Be a certified Full-Time Year-One student of any Nigerian University at the time of application
Have at least 3.5 CGPA at his / her Year-One first semester (2019 / 2020 session) examinations
Not be a beneficiary of any other Scholarship Award / Scheme from any other company, organization or agency
Not be a spouse or child of a staff of Nigeria LNG Limited.
How to Apply for NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship
- Visit https://www.nigerialng.com/.
- Click on the “Social Performance” menu to select “Education” from the drop-down menu.
- Then click on the UGSS Scholarship application link on the Related Links section of the page to access the application portal
- Click on “Register Here” to create a profile and commence the application process
- All applications MUST include the following scanned copies as attachments:
- Passport-sized photograph
- WASC, SSCE or NECO result
- UTME result
- Official signed and stamped Year-One first-semester result (2019 / 2020 session)
- University admission letter
- University student ID card
- Local Government Area Letter of Identification.
- Apply Before: 6th November, 2020.
Applicants must fill in valid contact details (email and telephone numbers) as these will be used to communicate the outcome of the application. The application will be disqualified for Incomplete attachments, Non-adherence to advertised criteria and Falsified documents
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the selection test
For Related Scholarship news click here